Sunday, July 14, 2013

Strawberry Rendezvous

Yipee!!!!!!  Awesome weekend in the mountains.  Each year the Utah Fox Trotter Club has a Strawberry Rendezvous camp outing for club members.  We share in common a love for the Missouri Fox Trotter horse and riding in the beautiful mountains of Utah.  We had about 20 people come.   There is nothing better in my view then being on a magnificent animal and moving swiftly through beautiful mountains on a well gaited horse with a fun group of friends.  You add to that perfect weather, great people, a good campfire and awesome food and you have a perfect weekend.  I had so much fun and felt completely spoiled rotten in my new Horse trailer with all the creature comforts of comfortable sleeping, and a nice hot shower before bed time.  I have decided that I need to do this allot more often.  My son Jeff came up and spent one night with me and came on one of the rides.  I feel bad for people who have not witnessed the magnificent beauty of the mountains of Utah.  Nothing better.

Life Advice:  Find the time to spend several days in the Mountains camping, napping, sitting by a campfire, eating good food and of course riding a good horse.   You will feel renewed, see things clearer and feel a deep sense of gratitude for the magnificent creations of God.

Horse Advice:  It is very good for horses to get out and work hard several days in a row in my view.  Horse camping provides the perfect time to do this.  The opportunity to learn to move in the mountains and get used to animals, motorcycles, guns, learning to spend the night on a high line, and many more great things you can teach.  It is also a great time to learn how to be on the trail with other horses and learn to behave.

A big thankyou to my two wonderful horses we took Harley and Max for taking us to such beautiful places.

Here are a few pictures of the weekend:










No comments:

Post a Comment