Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mueller Park North Canyon Loop Ride

It is always invigorating to get up early and get riding and on the trail by 5:30am.  The weather is cool, the sun gradually peaks up from the east and best of all you are in the mountains generally alone.   This trail is very popular and is always full of hikers and bikers.  By leaving early in the dark you avoid the traffic.   My friends Doug and Matt joined me this morning.  Matt rode Harley, Doug rode Tiger Lilly and I rode Max.  We let Cisco take a break and run along with us on the trail without a rider.  I love watching Cisco move and gait along free style.  She is so beautiful.    It was a great ride and we finished in 3 hours.  Thanks to Doug and Matt for helping me exercise my horses this morning.  What a great way to start out your saturday.  The views as always were terrific.   The company was great and now I have earned a nap today.   Take a look at the pictures below.

Horse advice:  Bring your horses along that aren't being ridden when you go out.  It is fun to let them run along without a rope and just be a horse in the mountains.  It also is very good for them.

Life Advice:  The best time of day is between 5 and 8am.  Your mind is sharp, your senses fully aware, and your spirit is alive.















No comments:

Post a Comment