Friday, October 11, 2013

50 Years Old, What about the next 50?

What an awesome birthday!  Taking the day off work, hanging out with Marcie, breakfast in bed, 3 hour ride with Max in Mueller Park Canyon, working at the farm and a relaxing evening with Marcie.  Life is great, I am spoiled rotten.  How can the next 50 years be as good as the last?  I have been so blessed in my life.  The only way I can improve the next 50 years as compared to the past is to spend more time in the outdoors on Horseback exploring new wilderness areas.  I have much to see over the next 50 years.

My ride today with Max was so wonderful!  Nice crisp air, fall leaves of every color, moisture on the ground and air from the rain the night before.  Max was full of himself this morning and wanted to cover real estate.  We did just that.  I have never made it to Elephant rock so quickly.  We alternated between the Fox Trot, Running walk and Loping.  I would guess we moved at an average 10 miles per hour up the mountain.  This is quite quick on such a narrow trail with mud, mountain bikes, hikers, bridges and branches to dodge.  I felt so alive today and so did Max.  Surely Sept. and October in Utah on Horseback is a Celestial time.  The mountains East of Bountiful are so spectacular.  The smells of fall are so wonderful.  The pictures of my ride are below.

Horse Advice:   Always do a quick check of your horses health when your with them.  Many times you will discover bites, kick wounds, cuts or something else that needs your attention.

Life Advice:   My life advice today is for Men.  I share this with you because it inspired me.  It was shared with me from a dear friend. We have discussed together what it means to be A NOBLE AND GREAT MAN.  Here it is as penned by my friend Steve.

A NOBLE AND GREAT man is honorable, loyal and trustworthy.
A NOBLE AND GREAT man works hard to protect and provide for his family.
A NOBLE AND GREAT man is gentle and kind to women and children.
A NOBLE AND GREAT man accepts responsibility, admits when wrong and apologizes sincerely.

A NOBLE AND GREAT man lives and serves for purposes greater than himself.
A NOBLE AND GREAT man fears mediocrity not failure.































No comments:

Post a Comment